Brian and I spent Tuesday morning seeking out markets. Thanks to the tram and Brian’s familiarity with the city, we had a great time and found wonderful produce and cheese and olive oil. One highlight was lunch at De Kas, a farm-to-table restaurant in an old beautiful greenhouse! Soaring 50 feet tall, we were delighted by the outside-in nature of the building—passing through plantings of herbs and tomatoes to get to our table and savoring them with each course.
Our last evening on the canals Julie, Dan, Marty and I set out for dinner ‘around the corner.’ We never found the intended place but stumbled instead on what ended up being one of our favorite restaurants: Case Peru. Being fans of Andina in Portland, we were cautious—but the food was delicious! Such fun when happenstance presents wonderful results!
Our last evening on the canals Julie, Dan, Marty and I set out for dinner ‘around the corner.’ We never found the intended place but stumbled instead on what ended up being one of our favorite restaurants: Case Peru. Being fans of Andina in Portland, we were cautious—but the food was delicious! Such fun when happenstance presents wonderful results!
